Attention: This article is for users who have subscribed to the additional storage and are not seeing the new storage drive appearing on their Shadow after 24 hours.
If you have not waited for 24 hours, please wait after this time. This tutorial will not work if you do not let the drive boot up properly and will interfere with adding the new drive to your Shadow.
Our teams are working on fixing this bug. Currently, there is the work-around to make your new disk appear:
To make the disk appear, follow these steps:
- Check the Device manager under ‘Disk Drives” for two drives
- If the second disk is called QEMU HARDDISK then you can proceed by pressing Windows + R
- Enter diskmgmt.msc and hit OK, this will open the Disk manager on which you will see the two disks.
- When requesting to Initialize Disk, press OK
- You should see your two disks appear at the bottom of the Disk Manager window. Right-click on the partition that has appeared and create a new simple volume
Still have questions after reading this article? Contact us for assistance!