Shadow lets you play Windows games from your very own Macbook, iMac, and other Macintosh computers. If your Macintosh has macOS 10.10 Yosemite or a newer operating system installed, this article is for you. Before you continue, see if your system meets our minimum requirements.
- Download Shadow.
- In your Downloads folder, locate and double-click Shadow.dmg.
- When the following window appears, drag and drop the Shadow icon into the Applications folder.
- You can now close the previous window, then eject and delete the Shadow.dmg file.
- Go into the Applications folder and click on the Shadow icon to launch the app.
Tip: Apple has not identified Blade as a developer for macOS or OS X. You may need to allow Shadow to install from your Security & Privacy Settings. For help installing apps from an unidentified developer, see CNET's blog, 3 ways to install apps from unidentified developers on MacOS.
6. Once Shadow finishes installing, the application searches for updates.
Shadow will install updates as necessary. Do not turn off your computer or close Shadow until updates are finished.
7. Once Shadow is installed, log in using your email address and password.
Congratulations! Now you can launch Shadow and log in. If this is your first time logging in, your next step is to finish setting up Windows 10.
Have trouble logging in? Your Shadow may not be activated yet. You should receive an email once your Shadow is activated. Check your email's inbox and spam/junk folder.