If you're having a Quadro P5000, you'll need to go on the NVIDIA website to download the latest GTX 1080 drivers only if the equivalent drivers hasn't be released yet for the P5000
Updating your NVIDIA GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) drivers is a quick and easy way to resolve issues involving your display. To update your NVIDIA GTX 1080 or Quadro P5000 drivers, use one of these two methods:
Warning: GeForce Experience is only compatible with GeForce GPUs. To see which GPU has been assigned to your Shadow, see Device Manager.
On your Shadow client, use Device Manager to find your NVIDIA GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) and search for updates.
- Start Shadow.
If required, log into Shadow.
- On your taskbar, click the Start menu icon.
If you cannot access the Start Menu, log into Windows.
- Search for Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager, then double-click Display Adapters.
- Note which NVIDIA display adapter is connected to your Shadow. For example, you may have an NVIDIA Quadro P5000 or a GTX 1080.
- Go to NVIDIA's website to download and install drivers for your Shadow.
- Install any applicable drivers, if any are found. Restart your Shadow when finished.
GeForce Experience is a centralized console that lets you check for NVIDIA driver updates. To check for updates using this method, install GeForce Experience on your Shadow (if it's not installed already) and use GeForce to check for updates. You will be required to create an account or log in to use GeForce Experience.
- Download and install GeForce Experience.
- Use your Start menu to find and open GeForce Experience.
- Log in or create an account, then go to the Drivers tab on the top left.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, click Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, a Download button appears on the screen. To proceed, click Download. If a Download button does not appear, there are no updates available.
- Once the download is complete, selecting Quick Install to install the driver.
- Once installation is complete, restart Shadow.
Once you've completed the instructions above, your NVIDIA GPU will have the latest drivers installed. Still having issues with your display? Restart your Shadow.