Updating your NVIDIA drivers is a quick and easy way to resolve issues involving your display. To update your NVIDIA GTX 1080 or Quadro P5000 drivers, use one of these two methods:
On your Shadow client, use Device Manager to find your NVIDIA GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) and search for updates.
- Log in to Shadow.
- On your taskbar, click the Start menu icon.
- Search for Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager, then double-click Display Adapters.
- Right-click your NVIDIA GPU, then click Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Install any applicable drivers, if any are found.
GeForce Experience is a centralized console that lets you check for NVIDIA driver updates. To check for updates using this method, install GeForce Experience on your Shadow (if it's not installed already) and use GeForce to check for updates. You will be required to create an account or log in to use GeForce Experience.
- Download and install GeForce Experience.
- Use your Start menu to find and open GeForce Experience.
- Log in or create an account, then go to the Drivers tab on the top left.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, click Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, a Download button appears on the screen. To proceed, click Download. If a Download button does not appear, there are no updates available.
- Once the download is complete, selecting Quick Install to install the driver.
- Once installation is complete, restart Shadow.
Once you've completed the instructions above, your NVIDIA GPU will have the latest drivers installed. Still having issues with your display? Restart your Shadow.