Windows is installed for you and should not be reinstalled using standard methods. If you need to format, wipe, or reset Windows, refer to My Account.
Installing antivirus, firewall, or VPN
Antivirus, firewall, and VPN applications can interfere with Shadow's operations and, if installed, may require you to reset Shadow to factory settings. Shadow has its own protection included on our servers. At most, you may use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.
You may not modify Shadow at any capacity. Modifying Shadow constitutes adding, deleting, or changing the following:
- registry keys
- Changing the Windows registry can disable some services.
- Pay particular attention to "bloatware", "junkware", or other cleaning software like CCleaner, which may automatically change the registry.
- Shadow's processes, services, and hardware
- Removing the graphics card or the network card immediately stops the service.
- Using the components to overclock your Shadow are susceptible to breakdowns and is therefore forbidden.
- Shadow's BIOS
- Changing the BIOS can have considerable impact on the functionality of Shadow. If however you lose access to your Shadow due to mishandling, we are forced to reset your Shadow, which results in the loss of your data.
- other Blade or Shadow programs
- Several programs run in the background are necessary for the proper functioning of the service.
Torrenting, pirating or downloading illegal content
Downloading using torrents are prohibited as described in our Terms and Conditions and per the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978.
Booting to Safe Mode
Booting Shadow to Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking stops al streaming services. If Shadow has been booted to Safe Mode, you must reset your Shadow to factory settings.
Installing virtualization software
- Reinstalling Windows
- Install antivirus
- Using a VPN
- Removing components
- Changes in the registry
- Deleting Blade programs
- Changing the BIOS
- Mining of cryptocurrencies
- Torrenting and downloading illegal content
- Overclocking your Shadow
- Do not Boot Windows in Safe mode
If you encounter a problem after doing any of the above actions, be sure to mention this when reporting your problem to Support.